OD - TSS Tech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion: Extend Warranty for PC Services

3 posters

Go down

Suggestion: Extend Warranty for PC Services Empty Suggestion: Extend Warranty for PC Services

Post  Martin2240 Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:50 pm

My suggestion is to extend our warranty period for the PC services we offer. No, it's not that often that we have to "take care of the customer" after the 10-day period, but to me, that's all the more reason to extend this warranty to provide some peace-of-mind for our customers. After some research, I found that both Staples and BestBuy offer 30-day warranties on all PC services. Ours is 10 days from when the computer is checked in, not even when the customer picks it up.

To me, it's a win-win situation. We know that we're going to (9 times out of 10) take care of the customer one way or another. Why not stand behind our work with a 30-day warranty to begin with?

If needed, we could add some verbage to the contract for DNR relieving us of being financially responsible if the customer gets another virus on their computer (not the one coming back because it was never removed).

Martin2240

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Extend Warranty for PC Services Empty Re: Suggestion: Extend Warranty for PC Services

Post  tear2wo Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:21 am

i called support.com once and they said they offer a 30 day warranty on the services. so weve been following that in our store

tear2wo

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Extend Warranty for PC Services Empty Re: Suggestion: Extend Warranty for PC Services

Post  Martin2240 Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:26 am

Well, I know in Oracle we're not able to "reconnect" a PC after 10 days. So that's why I go by that 10-day warranty. Have you had any luck reconnecting after 10 days?

Martin2240

Back to top Go down

Post  CHRISEVOVIII Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:00 am

tear2wo wrote:i called support.com once and they said they offer a 30 day warranty on the services. so weve been following that in our store

That is incorrect. Support.com has a 10 day warranty from the time they complete an order.

Thanks,

CHRISEVOVIII
Admin

https://od-tss.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down