OD - TSS Tech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unbelievable Hold Times for Support.com

2 posters

Go down

Unbelievable Hold Times for Support.com Empty Unbelievable Hold Times for Support.com

Post  Martin2240 Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:08 pm

I know there has been some discussion in the past about the amount of time you have to wait on hold to talk to someone at Support.com, that is if you ever get through to someone.

It occurred to me that we (Office Depot Employees) do not have to call all that often, only when there is an issue connecting, if we have a question about a potential service, etc. In my eyes, if we can get a direct line to HP (specific to Retail employees), can we get this for a much larger chunk of our profitable business: services? I'm suggesting we have an 800 number to call to speak to (hopefully) a 2nd tier Suppot.com employee that is more likely to be able to answer our question without "asking a supervisor".

Is this at all a possibility?

To clarify my reasoning for posting this now, I spent 45 minutes on hold yesterday trying to speak to someone about a service I ultimately had to return to a customer (PC Tune Up). The Nexus.exe "stopped working" and kept restarting on this computer. I've also tried the "call back" thing from Support.com and have never received a call back.

Any thoughts?

Martin2240

Back to top Go down

Unbelievable Hold Times for Support.com Empty Re: Unbelievable Hold Times for Support.com

Post  CHRISEVOVIII Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:37 pm

Martin,
We are exceeding sales which is making for queue hold ups and causing delays when associates call support.com. When anyone calls into support.com it will take an engineer away from working on a computer. We should only call when it is completly necessary. If you have an order that was started and worked on and is now in worse shape or an issue has been caused you should e-mail techdepotservice@officedepot.com

We can not have a dedicated line to the 2nd tier associates at Support.com because we rely on that group to assist on orders that have made a turn for the worse.

Thanks,
Chris

CHRISEVOVIII
Admin

https://od-tss.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down