OD - TSS Tech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TSS Software and Tools

4 posters

Go down

TSS Software and Tools Empty TSS Software and Tools

Post  Michael Gibbone Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Once the tools are released that we are allowed to use for service, it would be nice to have a Topic "TSS Software/Tools" so we can easily access the tools if needed. Links to all the software, with either a password to that topic or have the software zipped with a password, so the licensed software can only be used by TSS Associates and not by the general public.

Just a Thought

Michael Gibbone

Back to top Go down

TSS Software and Tools Empty Re: TSS Software and Tools

Post  CHRISEVOVIII Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Michael,

Thank you for the suggestion. As we are speaking to vendors we will probably send a locked thumb drive or DVD to your locations with the tool or tools on it.

Thanks,
Chris

CHRISEVOVIII
Admin

https://od-tss.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TSS Software and Tools Empty Tools

Post  Rangers9944 Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:27 pm

Dan and myself have been speaking to Steve the last couple of days he has been here.

Some of the major items we would absolutely LOVE to have at the store would be...

1. An actual working PC that we can keep in the bench to work on bad hard drives or what not. It's kind of annoying to have to use a floor demo computer to pull out someones Hard Drive from their PC and try to see if the information on it is salvageable.

2. Unlicensed copies of every operating system from XP forward. When doing ROPs (Restore, Optimize, Protect), we've had to "find our own way" to complete some of them. We have our own disks, but an "official" hey here they are would be a nice thing to have. We just use the license codes from the customers computer to restore it.

3. We have one at our store, but I'm sure every Tech guy is dying for one. I know you gave us all the "BlacX" drive reader at the meeting, but it does not have IDE hookups. The one we have at 597 is a small little blue adapter that has the hookups for just about anything you can think of. Makes life very easy.

Rangers9944

Back to top Go down

TSS Software and Tools Empty agreed

Post  Michael Gibbone Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:44 pm

I A working PC for us to use for some services, like data migration, would be great, nothing special, just something that works

Michael Gibbone

Back to top Go down

Post  NewYorkJets597 Tue May 17, 2011 10:46 am

any updates on this? Should we just get with the manager on maybe getting one store used?

NewYorkJets597

Back to top Go down

Post  CHRISEVOVIII Tue May 17, 2011 5:57 pm

NewYorkJets597 wrote:any updates on this? Should we just get with the manager on maybe getting one store used?

No update on this. To store use a computer will be something i do not believe we will get sign off on as this means we will be writing off 30 computers. We are still looking at other options.

Thanks,

CHRISEVOVIII
Admin

https://od-tss.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down