OD - TSS Tech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In-Home DNR not completed

2 posters

Go down

In-Home DNR not completed Empty In-Home DNR not completed

Post  Rangers9944 Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Maybe it's just me, my luck...but it's been happening more and more often lately with In-Home DNRs for me.

With the average age of customers in my area...disconnecting lots of wires and carrying the tremendously heavy computer into the store is a daunting task for these people.

I had an older lady come in on Sunday. She wrote exactly the error she was having on her computer. She was missing a DLL file and was unable to connect to the internet either. I sold her a $250 In-Home.

Well, today the tech arrived at her house, took a look at the computer for "15 minutes or so" according to the customer, then explained that he will not be able to repair it, she should return the service to the store, and then left.

I mean really? The more and more I try to offer the customers our entire range of services, the more and more I'm realizing I should try to avoid using Nexicore at all costs...and I actually use them quite frequently with these customers.

Chris, could you please let me know what I did wrong that this customer was unable to get a DLL file fixed for $250? She will be returning the service to us on Monday since she is busy this weekend, and she's a really nice lady. She was upset, but did not get carried away when I spoke to her on the phone so I would at least like to explain to her exactly why we weren't able to provide support to her for $250.

If you need her Workorder and such, please let me know in emails and I'll provide that for you. Usually we get a description of why the service was unable to be completed, this time on the work order it only says: "Misc. Message (Mgr approval required)".

Thanks,

Frank Braile
Store 597

Rangers9944

Back to top Go down

In-Home DNR not completed Empty Re: In-Home DNR not completed

Post  CHRISEVOVIII Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Rangers9944 wrote:Maybe it's just me, my luck...but it's been happening more and more often lately with In-Home DNRs for me.

With the average age of customers in my area...disconnecting lots of wires and carrying the tremendously heavy computer into the store is a daunting task for these people.

I had an older lady come in on Sunday. She wrote exactly the error she was having on her computer. She was missing a DLL file and was unable to connect to the internet either. I sold her a $250 In-Home.

Well, today the tech arrived at her house, took a look at the computer for "15 minutes or so" according to the customer, then explained that he will not be able to repair it, she should return the service to the store, and then left.

I mean really? The more and more I try to offer the customers our entire range of services, the more and more I'm realizing I should try to avoid using Nexicore at all costs...and I actually use them quite frequently with these customers.

Chris, could you please let me know what I did wrong that this customer was unable to get a DLL file fixed for $250? She will be returning the service to us on Monday since she is busy this weekend, and she's a really nice lady. She was upset, but did not get carried away when I spoke to her on the phone so I would at least like to explain to her exactly why we weren't able to provide support to her for $250.

If you need her Workorder and such, please let me know in emails and I'll provide that for you. Usually we get a description of why the service was unable to be completed, this time on the work order it only says: "Misc. Message (Mgr approval required)".

Thanks,

Frank Braile
Store 597

Frank,

By what you typed in your e-mail i would say you are missing a considerable amount of information. For example when you contacted Nexicore what is the story from the technician. What was recommended etc. First step is for you to contact Nexicore to understand what happened.

Thanks,

CHRISEVOVIII
Admin

https://od-tss.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rangers9944 Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:09 pm

The tech at the house called into Nexicore and explained he didn't bring the disk with him to fix a dll issue. His supervisor at the time told him "If you can't fix it, you can't fix it". The tech then advised the customer to return the service to the store and left her home. This is what the customer told me.

I did call Nexicore, and without the quotes, explained to me the same situation. The on-site Tech did not bring the disks he needed to fix this error, so he closed the ticket not complete and left.

What other information could you possibly need before asking Nexicore how they could not fix a simple missing DLL file on a $250 In-home service.

Frank Braile
Store 597

Rangers9944

Back to top Go down

Post  CHRISEVOVIII Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Rangers9944 wrote:The tech at the house called into Nexicore and explained he didn't bring the disk with him to fix a dll issue. His supervisor at the time told him "If you can't fix it, you can't fix it". The tech then advised the customer to return the service to the store and left her home. This is what the customer told me.

I did call Nexicore, and without the quotes, explained to me the same situation. The on-site Tech did not bring the disks he needed to fix this error, so he closed the ticket not complete and left.

What other information could you possibly need before asking Nexicore how they could not fix a simple missing DLL file on a $250 In-home service.

Frank Braile
Store 597

Follow the normal escalation path. E-mail techdepotservice@officedepot.com with a write up of the issue and the work order number so we can escalate it.

CHRISEVOVIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rangers9944 Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:52 pm

There is nothing to escalate anymore. As per the advice given to her from the technician...she returned the $250 service on Saturday.

I just figured I'd give it a shot and see if we could begin to correct these kinds of issues for the future...

Rangers9944

Back to top Go down

Post  CHRISEVOVIII Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:55 pm

Rangers9944 wrote:There is nothing to escalate anymore. As per the advice given to her from the technician...she returned the $250 service on Saturday.

I just figured I'd give it a shot and see if we could begin to correct these kinds of issues for the future...

By providing the work order number will allow us to escalate the issue with the vendor so they can look into the technician and what occurred

CHRISEVOVIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down