OD - TSS Tech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ISP provided Anitivirus

5 posters

Go down

ISP provided Anitivirus Empty ISP provided Anitivirus

Post  pshah911 Wed May 25, 2011 12:51 pm

I am coming acress a,lot of people who objecting again antivirus most of the objections i am able to overcome but having trouble with people who are getting norton security suite with comcast, cnet and other websites has rated this software #1 they can intall it in upto 7 pcs, i have all the lituture that supports these claims, what is the bext practice to overcome this objection

pshah911

Back to top Go down

ISP provided Anitivirus Empty Re: ISP provided Anitivirus

Post  NewYorkJets597 Wed May 25, 2011 5:26 pm

it is tough, but make sure they know they're only getting the most basic norton, while with our services we offer the total protection with the ultimate and the internet security with the premium. It doesn't always work, but just explain all the features of the mcafee... stressing the anti-phishing protection from identity theft and the network monitor function in mcafee TP...beyond that, you can also inform them of the fact that norton slows and bogs the system down dramatically while the latest version of mcafee runs much much lighter than previous versions...

NewYorkJets597

Back to top Go down

Post  NewYorkJets597 Wed May 25, 2011 5:34 pm

another thing you can do is stress the value of the other features of the ultimate package, the tune up, optimization and the trialware cleanup. Let them know you're saving them 4-8 hrs of work..making the recovery disks, creating the profile, installing the AV, i usually also install the windows updates which is another 2-3hrs of waiting..not to mention they can always go back to norton anytime during this process...they're not just paying for the AV with this package...

NewYorkJets597

Back to top Go down

Post  AnthonyR_87 Wed May 25, 2011 6:28 pm

Also stress to the customer that the year isn't 2000 and that there are more threats than just viruses these days. You have RogueAgents, Adware (which has become a much bigger threat in the past year than some people realize) Spyware, Malware, etc. that the basic free protection that ISP and other providers do not cover. Just point out that they get what they pay for. If they are paying nothing, they are getting nothing as far as any kind of real protection.

As NewYorkJets597 also pointed out, most of the services we offer along with the AV boast a greater value than what they will be getting for free online or through an ISP. We also offer annual tech support that might assist a customer with any issues or questions that they might have, optimize their computer from time to time, and even take care of any infections (in the unfortunate event that it were to happen) within that year.

There is just nothing out there that beats the total value that our Tech Depot Services have, or the fast and friendly customer service that our associates offer here.
AnthonyR_87
AnthonyR_87

Back to top Go down

Post  CHRISEVOVIII Thu May 26, 2011 9:15 am

Great thread guys!! This is exactly what we are looking for on this forum! Keep up the great job everyone.

CHRISEVOVIII
Admin

https://od-tss.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

ISP provided Anitivirus Empty ISP provided Bloat Ware...

Post  chkstar Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:46 pm

I had a customer come in on Sunday, with a computer she installed Constant Guard from Comcast.

She wanted it OFF.

It took over her machine and required her to jump thru hoops to get imto her E-mail and other programs. She paid $169.99 for a Diag and Repair and I got her for the $29.99 Data Backup, in the event of uncessful uninstall. So, they were able to remove this "Protection" Suite, but then her Windows Live Mail did not work. After she returned with the unit, they were able to get part of that fixed.

The BOTTOM LINE, the software that the ISP's are recommending and providing, CAN cost you BIG TIME(It cost her $200).

I will be telling this story to Every Customer who hands me this "Objection".
chkstar
chkstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum