OD - TSS Tech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PC CHECKUP???

+5
tear2wo
Rangers9944
Martin2240
CHRISEVOVIII
Michael Gibbone
9 posters

Go down

PC CHECKUP??? Empty PC CHECKUP???

Post  Michael Gibbone Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:02 pm

How are we supposed to run the OD pc checkup software now? It is no longer on support.com, is there another spot we should be looking?

Michael Gibbone

Back to top Go down

PC CHECKUP??? Empty PC CHECKUP

Post  Michael Gibbone Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Maybe answered my own question IDK, did a google search for it here's the link:

https://officedepot.support.com/feature/pccheckup

Michael Gibbone

Back to top Go down

PC CHECKUP??? Empty Re: PC CHECKUP???

Post  CHRISEVOVIII Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:47 pm

You can access it from Officedepot.com under the service tab.

CHRISEVOVIII
Admin

https://od-tss.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Last edited by Goodbye on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ...)

Back to top Go down

Post  CHRISEVOVIII Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:51 pm

ClarkP wrote:Maybe we should get a flash drive together with the PC Checkup software on it.

No flash drives. Come on now.

CHRISEVOVIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:56 pm

Last edited by Goodbye on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ...)

Back to top Go down

Post  CHRISEVOVIII Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Clark Petrounov wrote:Was just referring to the "locked thumb drive" you had mentioned,

"Michael,

Thank you for the suggestion. As we are speaking to vendors we will probably send a locked thumb drive or DVD to your locations with the tool or tools on it.

Thanks,
Chris"

Very Happy

The Locked thumb drive or DVD is for the licensed software. The Free PC Check up is easily accessible from Officedepot.com.

CHRISEVOVIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin2240 Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:00 pm

Personally, I burn the PC Checkup Software to a CD-R once a month or so. This is safer than a flash drive because if a customer has a virus on their computer, it can pretty easily be transferred to your flash drive. It's much less likely to be transferred to a flash drive that's been "locked" from having files written on it, but nothing is safer than a CD-R.

Martin2240

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rangers9944 Wed May 04, 2011 11:05 am

when's the new pc checkup expected to be live?

Rangers9944

Back to top Go down

Post  CHRISEVOVIII Wed May 04, 2011 11:59 am

There is not a set date yet as Support.com is testing the functionality.

CHRISEVOVIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tear2wo Thu May 12, 2011 5:55 pm

is it just me or does the pc checkup's recommendation at the end rely a lot on the questionairre before the scan is done ..

tear2wo

Back to top Go down

Post  CHRISEVOVIII Thu May 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Right now it completely relies on your answers to the questions

CHRISEVOVIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

PC CHECKUP??? Empty Huge Issue with PC Checkup

Post  Btomancny Sun May 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Maurice here I have a big problem can we have a fix from Support.com

Yesterday we had a customer come in with pop ups and a slow computer.The associate that ran th PC checkup recevied a recommendation of Tune Up & Proctect for $99.Today when i came in i found that the service was rejected because the computer had a TROJAN!!!. First of all we lost $100 in service because we would of recommended a $199 Diagnose,Repair & Protect. Secondly we have to inform the customer that to have her computer running again she has to pay her and additional $100 and she can't get her year of McAfee until she does. We might want access to the same tools Support.com is using if they are more sensitive than ours so we are all on the same page plus i called them to ask for direction they told me that its just a tool and thats why there are Tech's to interpret the results.We would look much more professional to our customers if we don't have to backtrack on our diagnoses.

Btomancny

Back to top Go down

PC CHECKUP??? Empty PS

Post  Btomancny Sun May 15, 2011 4:49 pm

I also ran a PC Check Up after the TROJAN was found. I was given the PC Tuneup & Protect reccommedtion

Btomancny

Back to top Go down

Post  CHRISEVOVIII Mon May 16, 2011 11:22 am

Guys you need to answer the 4 questions at the beginning of the PC checkup truthfully and honestly. This will provide the proper guidance on what service to deliver. Again at this time the PC checkup does not have a malware scan built in so it will not detect a virus.

CHRISEVOVIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

PC CHECKUP??? Empty CURRENT PC CHECKUP does NOT SCAN for MALWARE

Post  chkstar Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:57 pm

The Current PCCHECKUP we have now does not do a MALWARE SCAN. It is only an AID to you, you have to make the diagnosis.

So, if the customer complains of a SLOW computer, one that is Getting all sorts of PopUps or is receiving Virus Pop-Up messages asking them to give them a Credit Card, you can be fairly sure they are infected...

In some cases, they have dormant viruses or viruses that are NOT yet causing problems, Support Soft will sometimes do a MalwareBytes Scan and these will be detected.

So, what I generally tell customers that get the TUNE-UP or TUNE and PROTECT recommend, is that as LONG as there is NO VIRUSES, this is all they will need. I tell them that if there is any infections, they will have to convert (pay the difference) to a Diag-Repair or Diag-Repair and Protect. I usually say something like "The tune up is the less costly service, which I will be happy to try first, but if there is a virus present, we will need to upgrade you to a Diag and Repair, which is $169.99"

Until we get the OK to run MalwareBytes ourselves OR get the NEW PC CHECKUP, we will have these issues....
-Jay-

chkstar
chkstar

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeS315 Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:21 pm

A shorter url for the PC Check Up would be awesome. Many times when I go to the OD website to do the PC Check up the customer realizes that they could have done all of this from home. For now I'll memorize the link, but a shorter one would be great!
-Mike

In addition to the PC Check Up scan itself, if any cookies are corrupt they will show up as malware. I ran the PC Checkup through and it suggested a Diag and Rep, then I ran the McAfee that the customer had, and it displayed 10 cookies, deleted those, ran the scan again, came up as a PC Tune Up.

MikeS315

Back to top Go down

Post  mike315 Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:25 am

Still would like a shorter url for the PC Check-Up.

mike315

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin2240 Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:16 pm

Mike,

Burn the PC CheckUp .exe to a CD-R. Then, use that on the customers computer rather than downloading it from the website every time. You'll want to update this disk every month or so in case the .exe has been updated.

You can even label the disk "Property of Office Depot #315", "For Office Depot Internal Use Only" or something to that effect so that the customer isn't led to believe it was a waste of time coming in to your store.

Friendly reminder: Never use a flash drive to install the PC CheckUp on a customers computer as it can easily transfer viruses back and forth.

Martin2240

Back to top Go down

Post  NewYorkJets597 Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:07 pm

NewYorkJets597

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum