OD - TSS Tech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advertising

3 posters

Go down

What channels of advertising should OD invest in?

Advertising I_vote_lcap36%Advertising I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 8 ]
Advertising I_vote_lcap14%Advertising I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
Advertising I_vote_lcap27%Advertising I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 6 ]
Advertising I_vote_lcap5%Advertising I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Advertising I_vote_lcap18%Advertising I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 22

Advertising Empty Advertising

Post  Adam315 Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:42 pm

This message is directed to anyone with direct knowledge on what the advertising will look like for the test districts. I work in District 37, store 0315, and I am excited to be a part of the new TSS launch. I think this business will really start booming once we get the word out about what we can offer! What format(s) of advertising is Office Depot throwing resources at? When can we expect to see/hear these advertisments?

Foot traffic is, in my humble opinion, the largest barrier to this program being successful.

"If you build it, they will come!"

Adam315

Back to top Go down

Advertising Empty Agreed

Post  Michael Gibbone Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:49 pm

I completely agree with you on that point, I believe with how fast technology is going, The best way would be Television, targeting more so the younger audience as well as the older audiences, because when a pc breaks down, the first thing an adult does is ask "where do I go?" and are almost always asking young kids, gearing the ads towards kids as well as adults will drive more traffic and help make this program what we all want it to be.

As for mobile platform, cell phones are so advanced they almost replace computers anymore, and some people have already replaced their PCs for their phones, mobile advertising and a mobile friendly site would be a great idea as it is becoming more and more popular.

Michael Gibbone

Back to top Go down

Advertising Empty Re: Advertising

Post  Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Last edited by Goodbye on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:23 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin2240 Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:18 pm

Call me crazy, but I say television and radio, too.

You have to remember who we are marketing these services for. In my mind, the TSS associates are going to fix computers for people who don't know how and help someone puchasing a computer who will probably have some questions along the way. I feel like that audience will be more accurately reached through television and radio. That is not to say we shouldn't use mobile, email, etc too (especially since those avenues of marketing are generally far less expensive) but rather that we incorporate all of them.

Staples has a HUGE ad presence on NPR (at least here in Charlotte).

Martin2240

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum