OD - TSS Tech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Printer Kit Requires PPP Brochure Now?

+2
aliverman
Martin2240
6 posters

Go down

Printer Kit Requires PPP Brochure Now? Empty Printer Kit Requires PPP Brochure Now?

Post  Martin2240 Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Both in North Carolina and Florida, we are able to sell the Printer Kit (SKU 762-965) standalone. With our new JHA registers, we are required to input the customers phone number and scan a PPP brochure even if the customer does not purchase a PPP. In the event the customer purchases a printer kit and a PPP, we have to input the information twice, including two PPP brochures.

Are we able to scan the same PPP brochure for both the printer PPP and the printer kit --- on the same transaction?

If there's no way to fix this at the moment, should we set aside one PPP brochure in the store to scan for every printer kit we sell so we don't waste them?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Martin

Martin2240

Back to top Go down

Printer Kit Requires PPP Brochure Now? Empty Re: Printer Kit Requires PPP Brochure Now?

Post  aliverman Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:28 pm

The printer kits were always meant to be sold as PPP's, i've never heard of the printer kits being sold "stand alone". Even the old legacy registers required the PPP brochures to be scanned with the kit. Kits have two SKU's that you must scan at the register, the first SKU being the price point of the printer and the second the actual SKU for the kit. Hope this helps.

Andrew
DMS
Store 71

aliverman

Back to top Go down

Printer Kit Requires PPP Brochure Now? Empty Re: Printer Kit Requires PPP Brochure Now?

Post  Martin2240 Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Yeah, on the back of the printer kit, there's a disclaimer stating that the printer kit can be purchased without a PPP in Florida, New Mexico, Oklahoma and North Carolina.

Martin2240

Back to top Go down

Printer Kit Requires PPP Brochure Now? Empty Printer Kits

Post  Adam315 Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:30 pm

This is true. Here in NC, and a few other states as well, that option is available. However, this exemption was done, largely in part, to "stem the tide" of legal ramifications. I believe that they were "designed" to be sold with both SKU's.

Adam315

Back to top Go down

Printer Kit Requires PPP Brochure Now? Empty PPP/KIT

Post  Michael Gibbone Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:21 pm

I was unaware the kit was able to be sold without a PPP, however in the case of that happening, when it prompts for the contract number from a brochure, I believe you can put any number, I could be wrong but its worth a try. On another note I would reccommend the PPP over the printer kit w/out a PPP, if the customer did not want both.

Michael Gibbone

Back to top Go down

Printer Kit Requires PPP Brochure Now? Empty Always needed PPP Form in the past....

Post  chkstar Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:03 pm

I have always had to scan the PPP Form to get the Customer a Contract Number. BUT, it DOES look like you can sell them seperate and JDA had been Prompting you for the Customers Phone # and the CONTRACT Number from the PPP form.

It looks like JDA has been changed, because the last kit I rang up only asked for the Contract Number for the PPP part, NOT the KIT part.

We will require clarification from Someone in Corporate for this, if there is a Legal issue, WE need to know.

-Jay-
chkstar
chkstar

Back to top Go down

Post  CHRISEVOVIII Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:02 pm

Jay,

You can sell the printers kit with both sku's. One for the kit and one for the PPP. Or you can sell just the kit with no PPP.

Thanks,

CHRISEVOVIII
Admin

https://od-tss.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down